Pharm Tech Hospital vs Retail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starlygirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi - I am working as a pharmacy tech at a retail store right now. I was thinking of switching to a hospital job and was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the duties of a tech in a hospital as opposed to retail?

I'm mostly interested to know if pharm techs at hospitals have to do a lot of typing? I have problems with carpal tunnel syndrome and working my retail job is aggravating it with all the typing we have to do. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi - I am working as a pharmacy tech at a retail store right now. I was thinking of switching to a hospital job and was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the duties of a tech in a hospital as opposed to retail?

I'm mostly interested to know if pharm techs at hospitals have to do a lot of typing? I have problems with carpal tunnel syndrome and working my retail job is aggravating it with all the typing we have to do. Thanks!

probably not as much as retail but it still requires some typing. Also, making IVs will require dexterous labor.