Pharm Tech in Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GATTACA CTAATGT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking forward to working full time as a tech at either Walgreens or CVS in the summer. Would early March be the best time to apply?
 
The best time to apply is whenever they are hiring. They may not be hiring in March for the summer, they may not be hiring at all. I would call around and see. I've worked at the same pharmacy for a few years and during the school year I only work on Saturdays but then when I'm off for break (winter, spring, summer) I work full time. You could try something like that. But don't bank on them hiring in the summer just for the summer. Apply now and tell them you can only work part-time now but would love to pick up more hours when you're on break.
 
When I got hired as a tech they told me they really expect at least a year's commitment from me - it's way too much training for you to only work a couple months. For what it's worth, I plan on leaving in August and my boss plans on looking for a replacement in April or so.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if you can apply for pharmacy tech w/o any experience and knowledge...I am thinking about pharmacy school but before i really commit myself I want to work to get a better sense of this field...I applied to this private ,high end pharmacy in ny as pharmacy tech and earlier today I recieved a call from the manager who would hire me as a counter person first and then as time goes on, and if i catch up things faster then i can jump to pharmacy tech...so is this how it works every where
I would really appreciate any feedback...
 
I was wondering if you can apply for pharmacy tech w/o any experience and knowledge...I am thinking about pharmacy school but before i really commit myself I want to work to get a better sense of this field...I applied to this private ,high end pharmacy in ny as pharmacy tech and earlier today I recieved a call from the manager who would hire me as a counter person first and then as time goes on, and if i catch up things faster then i can jump to pharmacy tech...so is this how it works every where
I would really appreciate any feedback...

I got a job as a tech with no experience, but honestly a big part of that was because my mom had worked at the store (not the pharmacy part) for 15 years and I knew all the managers. But of course some people get hired with no experience - where else would people get experience in the first place? I made sure in the interview to emphasize my multi-tasking skills, my ability to work with customers, my problem-solving skills, and that I am good at math/conversions. When I said "I can really multitask" my employer told me those were magic words.