Pharm tech online program!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdman913

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting certified as a pharm tech prior to Pharm school so I can gain experience. I am not sure how much programs cost but the one they offer close to me is called Gatlin Education ... Have any of you heard of them? Isn't $1800 a bit pricey for an online pharm tech ceritfication program? They say they offer an externship with Walgreens for 20-40 hours. Is it really worth it???

http://www.gatlineducation.com/unbranded/pharmacytechnician.html

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely pricey, just go online and search for Noah Reifman certification review for pharmacy Technician Book. The eight edition should be great and enough to pass the PTCB. You can send that money to me if you feel like wasting money. I'll provide you with my acct # lol

You also need to find out what the regulations for pharmacy tech certification are in Fl because in LA we cannot take the test on our own, we must be enrolled in a pharm tech program or receiving on the job training for a certain amount of hours before we can take the test. I know for sure that Walgreens pays for their techs to get certified.