Pharm Tech w/o PTCB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

islandboy401

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live in a state (NJ) in which you don't have to take the PTCB Exam to be a Tech. However, would it be beneficial for me to still take this exam?? Would it give me a greater chance of getting the job? A greater starting salary??

Is there anyone out there who landed a pharm tech job w/o taking the PTCE?? What advice would you give me???
 
I live in south NJ and I got a job with CVS without experience or tech cert. -- it was easy for me bc I applied early september when the college kids were going back to college so they were short people. Even after I was working there for a few months I still got called for other tech jobs with CVS haha.

But I think it is good to be nat. certified bc it would be easier to find a job and def better pay. I was going to do it but now i'm an intern so I don't need to worry about it. Then again, if you take the test after working as a tech the company usually pays for it. Why don't you try to search around to see if you can land a job... if having difficulty then take the PTCB.