Pharmaceutical Sales Vs Pharmacy Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AbsoluteRxGirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm new at this forum, I'll be graduating next may, but since I don't know if going to get accepted in a Pharmacy school 🙁 for Fall 2010, I would like to have a plan b. Since I got no experience in that area, I've work for the past 9 years in sales, and customer services (I work since I was 16). I've been thinking Pharmaceutical Sales, or get the Pharm Tech certification. Which one will be better to get experience that would help me so I can get into Pharmacy School!?
Thanks
 
Hm, tough question. I think the obvious answer, though, is the pharmacy technician is much closer to what a pharmacist actually does than a pharmaceutical sales who... err... representative.

And hey, you could keep most of your dignity.
 
I was also considering this avenue since I have been in real estate sales for more than 5 years, but honestly it is almost harder to get a job with a good pharmaceutical company than it is to become a pharmacist. They say someone has to die in the field before there is an opening. I believe it would be better to gain knowledge by being a tech.