Pharmaceutics book rec's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letjin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My pharmaceutics professors doesn't teach effectively and I feel as I need to self-teach. So I am looking for textbooks... I have Ansel's Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms & Delivery Systems, and my library has several editions of Remington's available. I don't think Ansel's are very detailed in explaining, and the Remington's is way too huge. Do you guys think I have enough text...or do you have something else to recommend? I'd appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

We used the Ansel book, but also A Practical Guide to Contemporary Pharmacy Practice by Thompson. I use it a lot for compounding lab.

letjin said:
My pharmaceutics professors doesn't teach effectively and I feel as I need to self-teach. So I am looking for textbooks... I have Ansel's Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms & Delivery Systems, and my library has several editions of Remington's available. I don't think Ansel's are very detailed in explaining, and the Remington's is way too huge. Do you guys think I have enough text...or do you have something else to recommend? I'd appreciate your help.

do you go to drake?

Members don't see this ad :)
letjin said:

I have the Ansel for Pharm. Calc and it is one of my nightmares. I am pretty good with math too. the pharm. professors just like it b/c it has a lot of good problems. The problem is that they (and i) say not to look at the book's explanations/examples, which makes it really hard to learn how to do something. The book gives you all the practice in the world and a terrible freaking explanation!!!!