Pharmacist buying a Medical office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Definitely would have to convince the physician that is either being partnered with or employed of how this would be beneficial for them. From my point of view, the pharmacist in this situation would also run a lot of the business side of the office and also play the role of the office manager, thus saving money and taking stress off of the physician. And the pharmacist would most likely have time in this situation since they can't see as many patients as the Doc can under a collaborative practice agreement. This really all goes back to wanting to run a medical business as a pharmacist that is not a pharmacy. Due to the area that I live in, independent pharmacies can't compete with the chains and I've never seen one survive more than 5 years before shutting down. So I'm just exploring other opportunities out there to meet this situation.

I'd like to make a comment about the stupidity of your idea, but I think I'm gonna get more enjoyment from seeing you go to pharmacy school.

I hope you get into pharmacy school. I truly mean it. It's always fun to see the weight of the world crush the egos of an all-knowing prepharmers.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to make a comment about the stupidity of your idea, but I think I'm gonna get more enjoyment from seeing you go to pharmacy school.

I hope you get into pharmacy school. I truly mean it. It's always fun to see the weight of the world crush the egos of an all-knowing prepharmers.
I can neither confirm nor deny whether I am in/have been though pharmacy school...

Dude, just go to PA/NP school. The "business concept" you're proposing is basically what NPs and PAs in rural areas are doing under loose physician "supervision" right now. In fact, for almost 2 months, an FP clinic in a rural GA town (about 1 hr away from the closest medium-sized city) had a job posting for a PA to work practically independently for $130k, 6 weeks of PTO, and other benefits. Minimum required experience? 6 months. If you're willing to go 45-60 minutes out from large/medium-sized cities, you can find plenty of these kinds of opportunities as a PA/NP. You won't have to try and "convince" the physician owner(s) that you'd bring $$$ value to the practice, because PAs and NPs can bill insurance companies for doing what the doctor wants them to do and receive almost as much money in reimbursements as the physician would generate for doing the same work.