Pharmacist contractors (Iraq, Afghanistan, etc..)

Started by ethyl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

No...I don't know anyone currently....however, I did know of a pharmacist who went to Saudi Arabia about 15 years ago. He went to work for a hospital there for about 3 years.....had a great experience & found it enlightening.

I have 3 patients who live in the Middle East at times - 1 is a military individual - I fill a huge supply at a time thru Tricare.....it depends upon how long he is deployed. He tells me how many months, I try to fill it for that amount & it goes thru the insurance. He has already been told how long he is to be away & that info has already been communicated with Tricare....so it has never been a problem.

The other 2 patients are contractors....they are gone for 3 months at a time & their insurance covers that amount of drug.

I don't know of any pharmacists who actually go work there now. I've read about the military ones, but I don't know of any non-military ones.

I'll be interested to know if others have other experiences....