Pharmacist job search

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like Pharmacist job is getting saturated ..The geographical area where I live,don't have any opening. I talked with various chain pharmacies, they all say the same thing ...They are already overstaffed.
I live in SouthernCali. Is it like this in other parts of the country too:confused:????
Anyody on same situation??

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like Pharmacist job is getting saturated ..The geographical area where I live,don't have any opening. I talked with various chain pharmacies, they all say the same thing ...They are already overstaffed.
I live in SouthernCali. Is it like this in other parts of the country too:confused:????

What??? :eek:

When did this happen!!!!

There are plenty jobs everywhere else...still handing out $30-$50K sign on bonuses and BMW/Mercedes/Audi leases and still can't find any pharmacists!!

And don't forget about the $1 million pharmacy jobs in Alaska!!

What??? :eek:

When did this happen!!!!

There are plenty jobs everywhere else...still handing out $30-$50K sign on bonuses and BMW/Mercedes/Audi leases and still can't find any pharmacists!!

And don't forget about the $1 million pharmacy jobs in Alaska!!

Get a life. Not everybody reads these forums daily to know that this has already been amply discussed. Perhaps your time spent making fun of the OP could be spent helpfully answering his question. Then again, I'm sure that would greatly offset the self-gratification you get from posting as you did. Might I suggest you find something better to do for entertainment?

To the OP: The Pharmacy job market is saturated now in many metropolitan areas throughout the country. Attribute it to the economy (chains decreasing hours and elderly pharmacists remaining in the market), attribute it to the influx of new grads, but concede that long-term things are not looking glum. Health care reform will change all areas of health care, but despited a likely decrease in pharmacist reimbursements, your job prospects should increase. I am in the Philadelphia area and it does appear to be saturated, but in the past two weeks two pharmacists came into my independent pharmacy, flashed a license, and were hired. The ADI on the whole certainly has decreased, but opportunities still exist. You have to look harder for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a life. Not everybody reads these forums daily to know that this has already been amply discussed. Perhaps your time spent making fun of the OP could be spent helpfully answering his question. Then again, I'm sure that would greatly offset the self-gratification you get from posting as you did. Might I suggest you find something better to do for entertainment?

mmmm.... simple search would show that this topic has been discussed gazillion times...in fact we now have a sticky on it...of course your myopic and skewed view of pharmacy as an ignorant little student... you wouldn't be able to see it as you can't see the reality in front of you anyways..

:smuggrin:

To the OP: The Pharmacy job market is saturated now in many metropolitan areas throughout the country. Attribute it to the economy (chains decreasing hours and elderly pharmacists remaining in the market), attribute it to the influx of new grads,

Now you finally admit it.

but concede that long-term things are not looking glum. Health care reform will change all areas of health care, but despited a likely decrease in pharmacist reimbursements, your job prospects should increase.

How does decrease in pharmacist reimbursements increase job prospects..and how does the healthcare reform that will take place in next several years help this newly licensed pharmacist who needs a job now?

I am in the Philadelphia area and it does appear to be saturated, but in the past two weeks two pharmacists came into my independent pharmacy, flashed a license, and were hired.

Exception..not the rule.

The ADI on the whole certainly has decreased, but opportunities still exist. You have to look harder for them.

At least you're starting to admit to the truth.

where in southern cali are you looking? What cities?

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum in several threads including the sticky at the top of the forum. Please feel free to use the search function to comment on any of the previous discussions. There is a lot of information out there!! :thumbup::)

I have some more breaking news for you....

*****US lands man the moon******Historic day for the US and the world******** More to follow.....

So what your saying and I quote is "The geographical area where I live,don't have any opening." Wow that says it all......

To the OP: The Pharmacy job market is saturated now in many metropolitan areas throughout the country. Attribute it to the economy (chains decreasing hours and elderly pharmacists remaining in the market), attribute it to the influx of new grads, but concede that long-term things are not looking glum. Health care reform will change all areas of health care, but despited a likely decrease in pharmacist reimbursements, your job prospects should increase. I am in the Philadelphia area and it does appear to be saturated, but in the past two weeks two pharmacists came into my independent pharmacy, flashed a license, and were hired. The ADI on the whole certainly has decreased, but opportunities still exist. You have to look harder for them.

The OP got this idiot hook line and sinker. There always an idiot in every crowd......

where in southern cali are you looking? What cities?
I live in Ventura county CA .Looking in Thousand oaks, Camarillo, Oxnard,Ventura,Moorepark area.

I live in Ventura county CA .Looking in Thousand oaks, Camarillo, Oxnard,Ventura,Moorepark area.

Friend of mine is a pharmacist at CVS in Newbury Park. She recently resigned and is moving to TX. In fact, they're leaving tomorrow.

Might want to call them.

Friend of mine is a pharmacist at CVS in Newbury Park. She recently resigned and is moving to TX. In fact, they're leaving tomorrow.

Might want to call them.

Texas. For family or a better job? Peeps need to stop coming to Texas. We already have enough pharmacy schools here pumping out grads and an influx of pharmacists from other states doesn't help :p

Texas. For family or a better job? Peeps need to stop coming to Texas. We already have enough pharmacy schools here pumping out grads and an influx of pharmacists from other states doesn't help :p

She's not even going to get licensed in TX. Her husband sold his dentistry practice and is moving to start a new practice here. Evidently Dentistry is tough in CA.. he said when he puts an add out for a dentist associate position..he gets like 20 applications in hours.. and some dentists have begged him to just work as a hygienist.. that's according to him.

And the latest local survey of area hospitals show that the employee turnover rate is the lowest they've seen since they started keeping data.. and this includes the pharmacy. People aren't going anywhere.

You are aware that's a cartoon...right?

Thought it was a cartoon based on vacation photos with some high zoot camera. Been wrong before...

Also, on topic, I have no jobs to offer. Haven't hired a pharmacist in almost a year

I battled gloriously in the Coliseum. But when it was all said and done, Caesar said: :thumbdown:

I got an actual, non-phone, in-person interview elsewhere the 25th though: :thumbup:

What opening in Houston? Hope you don't mean a hospital position. They're hard to come by in Houston. Try Dallas. You'll have a better chance.