pharmacist moving from one state to the other

Started by yaho
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yaho

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. I am in 4th year in phmaracy school in Canada and I will be writing license exam soon. I am hoping to work in the States as a pharmacist after I graduate.

I'm thinking of going to Seattle first...working there as a pharmacist for couple of years and then moving to Eastern states.

If i get a license in Seattle and work there for few years as a pharmacist, do I need to take any other exams when I move to Eastern states except Jurusprudence exam?

I heard that I dont need to take FPGEE if I am a pharm graudate from Canada and internship is shorter compared to other states.

Can anybody vertify on this?

Thanks alot.
 
Since you are coming to the states, I feel it is my duty to warn you. Once you work in the West for a few years you will become accustom the Western side of things. But when you cross the continental divide, the pharmacists become almost rabid at this end of the states, dishing out pills wherever there is a mouth(or anus, whichever floats your boat). ---not to mention the foam dripping out of their mouths. I tell you they are a different breed over here than in the West. Just telling you this to prepare you for the mentality check that you'll get when you cross the continental divide.👍
 
Since you are coming to the states, I feel it is my duty to warn you. Once you work in the West for a few years you will become accustom the Western side of things. But when you cross the continental divide, the pharmacists become almost rabid at this end of the states, dishing out pills wherever there is a mouth(or anus, whichever floats your boat). ---not to mention the foam dripping out of their mouths. I tell you they are a different breed over here than in the West. Just telling you this to prepare you for the mentality check that you'll get when you cross the continental divide.👍

Huh???

Just go to http://www.visalaw.com/IMG/pharmacistchart.pdf
 
Canadian grads don't have to take the FPGEE, if they graduated before 2004. You must have at least a 5 year degree. There are plenty of domestic grads, so it will probably not be easy for you to find a sponsor.