Pharmacist offer, but no exact pay rate.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmDSuperFlyK

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently received a job offer but I am contemplating on accepting the offer because they didn't give me an exact salary or pay rate... The minimum was very low and I don't want to accept the offer and be stuck with the minimum amount. I have been an intern for this company for 2 years.

offer states:
"Your salary will be a minimum of **,****.**per year, paid on a bi-weekly basis. After you receive your initial store assignment, your actual initial starting salary and base scheduled hours will be determined, and may be higher than the minimums noted above"

Should I inquire about the exact pay rate? The interview was yesterday and I received my offer today. Maybe they don't know what my exact pay would be at this time but I don't want them to think that I am desperate and I will accept anything. What should my email to the hiring manager say?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second the comment about hourly rate already being set. It sounds like your minimum salary is based off of your minimum hours worked and may increase if you end up at a store with a higher base. Hourly rate won't change though.
 
I'd guess it's around $45/h * 30 hours/week, so $70k. With student loans that's poverty level wages to work a horrible job.
I will make 50% more, do a third of the work and have more say at my job than op ever will. Sometimes I feel bad for the sheep going to slaughter, sometimes I don't. I remember when I was at a big rx. Folks overheard the dm tell the store manager to hire desperate employees. It's really the only reason to work there.