Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum but I have been reading some of the topics in the pharmacy forum and I really feel that the input from members is really helpful. I actually graduated from a PharmD program in 2007 and I'm almost licensed for one year in NJ. However, I've decided to move to California in the Spring of 2009 and currently studying for the CPJE since the CA Board of Pharmacy already has my NAPLEX scores.
I actually have a question regarding pharmacy positions in the southern California region. I've heard from family and friends that pharmacist positions in Southern CA are very saturated and most positions are either retail or for clinical pharmacists in hospital settings. Unfortunately, I did not opt for a residency, so I know that obtaining a clinical pharmacist position will be difficult for me. As for retail, I work in a retail pharmacy one day a month just to maintain knowledge of retail pharmacy, but I don't enjoy it much. I currently work in a large PBM and I really enjoy my work there which includes performing DURs, being trained in a specialty area in healthcare like infectious disease or oncology and calling offices for drug interventions. However, looking at the career opportunities on career search websites, I do not see any pharmacist positions for PBMs or managed care settings in southern CA. Would anyone know of a job similar to that of PBMs or even pharmacists that perform a lot of DURs in the southern CA region? Thanks!
I actually have a question regarding pharmacy positions in the southern California region. I've heard from family and friends that pharmacist positions in Southern CA are very saturated and most positions are either retail or for clinical pharmacists in hospital settings. Unfortunately, I did not opt for a residency, so I know that obtaining a clinical pharmacist position will be difficult for me. As for retail, I work in a retail pharmacy one day a month just to maintain knowledge of retail pharmacy, but I don't enjoy it much. I currently work in a large PBM and I really enjoy my work there which includes performing DURs, being trained in a specialty area in healthcare like infectious disease or oncology and calling offices for drug interventions. However, looking at the career opportunities on career search websites, I do not see any pharmacist positions for PBMs or managed care settings in southern CA. Would anyone know of a job similar to that of PBMs or even pharmacists that perform a lot of DURs in the southern CA region? Thanks!