There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to start. First of all, how are we supposed to work for free? What about bills, kids, your house, and necessities? There is a difference between caring about money and only doing something because of the money. Yes, I care about how much I make and everyone should if they're smart, because anybody who has been poor knows how horrible it is. But money is not the TOP reason why EVERYONE picked healthcare. It may be true for you, but it certainly is not for me. If money was the TOP reason for why you picked Pharmacy then it sucks to be you, because it sounds like you wont be passionate about your job. So my question is, why dont you go into medicine or dentistry? I mean, they make more money, right? If money was your top reason then you wouldn't be in pharmacy. My point being, there are dozens of factors to look into when deciding your career. Yes money is important, but going into a career you're not passionate about seems like hell. Whats the point of making all that money if you're not happy everyday? The worst type of healthcare professional is the one whose only in it for the money. But before the year 2000 Pharmacist made around 50-60k and physicians made about 175,000 during that time. Pharmacist were not payed a lot, so why did people go into pharmacy?