Pharmacist resume skill based vs. traditional

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vardenafil

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im trying to update my resume. I havent touched my resume in 7 years. My old resume was in the traditional chronological order format. With my most recent job experiences on top with a brief explanation of duties and skills below using bullet points. the other day I was reading an article that stated the new correct way to write a resume is via skill based resume. Basically you would state the skills that you think you exhibit. such as leadership skills, people skills, clinical skills etc.. . And below that you would expand with reasoning. At the bottom of the resume you would "briefly" mention education and past job experiences. the resume supposedly puts more emphasis on showing off your skills than your work history. Anybody have experiences with skill based resume format? Or should I stick with the traditional format?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, a skill based resume would help not bring attention to any glaring gaps of unemployment. Might be more appealing if you are trying to switch work settings. Chronologic if you are trying to secure a similar position for the long term. Depends on the position you are aiming for vs. your current/previous

Reactions: 1 users