Pharmacist salaries in Northern Cal

Started by randawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

randawg

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am considering moving out to the Bay area or Sacramento region and was looking to see what the salary range was for a pharmacist. Since real estate is so darn expensive out there, I'm trying to come up with some estimates to see how feasible it'll be to move out there. I'm most interested in finding out what retail and outpatient pharmacists roughly make. I know that covers a wide area, but any info would be helpful. Also, is there a big difference salary-wise between the two geographical areas? Thanks in advance for any help!
 
SF bay area - $52/hr + t1/2 for >8h/day or >40h/wk retail
hospital - slightly lower - about $50

Not sure about Sacto......I can find out - I'll call a colleague when I get a chance
 
I can find you a job at $60+ per hour + overtime near sacramento. Hospital.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not a bad post... I'm just surprised at the salary numbers. Here in the boring south, Alabama in particular, I have seen many retail posts for a starting salary out of school at $50-$55/hr. A lot of them have a sign on bonus. I figured that California pharmacists might make more for the cost of living. Those starting numbers here might be because there is a large shortage. I wouldn't want to live in this area for years, either. Our pharmacists are usually traveling an hour or more to work.