Pharmacist Shadowing/Volunteering Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmgirl90

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am a recent college graduate, who is looking to apply to pharmacy school next year. I wanted to know how to go about volunteering/shadowing a pharmacist. I have called numerous pharmacies near me and asked them if I can shadow/volunteer with them and I was unsuccessful. I don't know what to do!
 
Does your school have a pre-professional adviser area? Because they might be able to help set something up for you.. Else wise consider taking the PTCB and try to get a job?
 
Did you try any hospitals?..they often have a department for volunteers or someone who functions as an 'academic relations' person to place students with shadowing opportunities.
 
Did you try independent pharmacies? The first one I called told me it was ok if I shadowed, just that they wouldn't be able to give 'shadowing hours'.