Pharmacist Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twixbaby09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am a pre-pharmacy student at the University of Texas and I'm in Houston for the summer. I am really looking for a pharmacist to shadow. Does anyone know of any shadowing opportunities in the Houston area? I'm not picky about the setting. It can be in a hostpital, retail, or a pharmaceutical company. Anything helps. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Try calling local pharmacy schools and see if they can hook you up with graduates to shadow...

Last edited:
Often to find shadowing opportunities, you've just gotta get out there and start talking to pharmacists. I'd try independent pharmacies first, as they're more likely to allow you to hang out than chain pharmacies or hospitals. Dress professionally, and go out in the earlier morning to speak with the pharmacy manager; let them know you're pre-pharmacy and express your interest in shadowing perhaps a day or two per week for a couple of months (or whatever works for them.) Take the initiative to seek out the opportunities; that's the only way you'll get them.

Good luck!