Pharmacist Union

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dk00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unions don't work in a surplus. Go ahead and have your little protest, there's a new grad willing to take your job for $5 less an hour.

-

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
if all of the pharmacists of a company were to be part of a union and together were willing to strike, the company could not possibly replace them fast enough to keep their customers happy, and would certainly give in to demands, I know of some unions that are so strong, they require membership for any employee who is part of the company (this was in a different industry which was much more over saturated)

Firstly, you're right. Secondly, you're wrong.

(Pharmacy is the most saturated profession in the history of professions!) ;)

-

Last edited:
doesn't matter how saturated it is, as long as a union is strong enough the company does not have capability to respond fast enough for a strike, i really think that pharmacists need to take a stand.

I currently work in a pharmacy where there has been 3 misfills reported in a single day... it gets so busy at times that the pharmacists become frustrated. why arnt there extra techs? why arents their two pharmacists working? this is ridiculous, what if a patient got seriously harmed from the misfills? this is a health care industry not some retail chain selling unneccesary items, their should be more say from the pharmacists.

I am fairly new to this job so i guess these are my first impressions, I am very surprised that people are OK with these conditions?

The people at the top of the pharmacy chain are pretty weak. It also does not help that our profession is split into so many different categories like retail, industry, LTC, hospital, nuclear...so on. The requirements for each area vary wildly and would be hard to lobby for a set rule.

There are other factors like taking away money from the CEO's pockets. This will never change, it is just one of those things that you need to realize before going to school. It is a job that you need to be focused 100% of the time.

-

Last edited:
I think that a single union could be formed with a branch for CVS employees and a branch for walgreens employees. It is just a matter of organizing at and getting every one on board. I dont think getting everyone on board would be too hard.

Don't want to rock the boat.

-

Last edited:
Better to rock the boat then get kicked off :)

No one is getting kicked off. If the penalty was more severe for making mistakes, you would see a greater lobby for change.

I think that a single union could be formed with a branch for CVS employees and a branch for walgreens employees. It is just a matter of organizing at and getting every one on board. I dont think getting everyone on board would be too hard.

Please by all means, do it. let us know how that works out for you. :thumbup:

2. The problem is not only this, but the great pay cut that is about to come in the next five to ten years. A union can prevent this.

You got me, I didn't realize you were so powerful in the troll force. I need to pay more attention.