Pharmacist Vs Tech License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hrithik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Simple question ..... is it possible to have both pharmacist and the technician license?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Simple question, why?
I recently got my Pharmacist Licence ...... haven’t found any position for the pharmacist .... so was thinking if I can get my step into the Pharmacy door with the tech license.....

Reactions: 1 user
I recently got my Pharmacist Licence ...... haven’t found any position for the pharmacist .... so was thinking if I can get my step into the Pharmacy door with the tech license.....
.....uhhhhh

Maybe you need to broaden your horizon to outside major cities? Even a different state? It's not that saturated in Texas wow

Reactions: 1 users
Hmmm, I wouldn't think so. You have different responsibilities depending if you are a tech or a pharmacist...how would the board know if you were acting in the capacity of a pharmacist or a the capacity of a technician, if a complaint was made to the board?

Although technically in IL, because there is no "intern" license, pharmacy students get "technician" licenses, and they are still active when they get their pharmacist license....but I would assume they wouldn't be renewed (I've never know anyone to try to get them renewed once they were license as a pharmacist.)

Just go to a different state where you aren't licensed (i.e. don't take the MPJE there) and get hired as an intern

But you ain't that desperate.

Just go to a different state where you aren't licensed (i.e. don't take the MPJE there) and get hired as an intern

But you ain't that desperate.
In that case I’ll first have to apply for the intern license for that state.... isn’t it??

There are staff pharmacist positions with Walmart in GA (SAINT MARYS,CAMILLA,COCHRAN,GRIFFIN,and DALTON), pharmacy manager (MARIETTA and PEACHTREE CITY). Pharmacy Jobs | Walmart Careers. Good luck!

Pharmacists hold a license, pharmacy techs hold a certification. I understand your 'back door' strategy, however, I think it's a terrible idea. Look for 'graduate intern' positions if you have graduated.