Pharmacist working in insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icekitsune

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just curious if there are any pharmacist here working in an insurance company and if you can tell me what you like or dislike. I would guess it's very different from retail.

Members don't see this ad.

I work in insurance. I like the hours and not working with the public, but every job comes with frustrations. Also, I’d call the insurance industry much less stable than my previous jobs but I’m learning skills that would let me do thinks unrelated to pharmacy, which is nice.

I work in insurance. I like the hours and not working with the public, but every job comes with frustrations. Also, I’d call the insurance industry much less stable than my previous jobs but I’m learning skills that would let me do thinks unrelated to pharmacy, which is nice.

I see, thanks. I want to do some extra work on the side but I don't know if it's a conflict of interest with retail or not

Members don't see this ad :)
I see, thanks. I want to do some extra work on the side but I don't know if it's a conflict of interest with retail or not
Probably not a conflict of interest. Most insurance jobs don’t have prn work except maybe doing PAs or doing CMRs. Those wouldn’t be conflicts of interest. Being involved in networks would certainly be.

Probably not a conflict of interest. Most insurance jobs don’t have prn work except maybe doing PAs or doing CMRs. Those wouldn’t be conflicts of interest. Being involved in networks would certainly be.

Interesting point. Honestly I didn't think it would be a conflict of interest but there was a part time position and I'm also ft retail