Pharmacists- how often do you call in sick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossurfingers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My employer gives us 6 sick days a year and we can bank up to 30. I've only called in once this year so far.

Members don't see this ad.

Twice past 17 years.

Once while I was an intern from being hung over big time.
Once as a pharmacist.. Had a virus.

Twice past 17 years.

Once while I was an intern from being hung over big time.
Once as a pharmacist.. Had a virus.

Never missed a day during pharmacy school/rotations/internships. Missed 1 day as a pharmacist this year being in ER with GI virus.

We get 4 weeks a year to start, combined PTO/sick days (which I love). So it's in our best interest to save them for doing something a little more fun than laying in bed sick and watching SportsCenter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would rather someone call in sick than get the rest of the staff sick.

Infecting other people with illness is nothing to brag about. ;)

Called in sick once with pharyngitis. I couldn't talk at all, so I wasn't going to be much use in counseling patients.

The best pharmacists do not get sick. Ever. Everyone knows that.

Reactions: 1 user

I don't see it that way... by god if I'm going to be sick, I'm going to make sure everyone around me is sick too. I'm all about sharing and giving. Because we are the world...

Reactions: 1 user
I don't see it that way... by god if I'm going to be sick, I'm going to make sure everyone around me is sick too. I'm all about sharing and giving. Because we are the world...
If you want to make me tea with honey, serve me vegetable soup, and fold over my blankey, then by all means, share the love! ;)

If you want to make me tea with honey, serve me vegetable soup, and fold over my blankey, then by all means, share the love! ;)

ehhhh...take some tylenol alternate with advil..and better show up to work!

How about some whiskey and beef stew?

No al-ke-hol! I just witnessed a young man bent over a bowl turning his insides out. PharmDstudent = mommy of group of friends. I provided the cool H2O for support.

Why can't I negotiate? I'll settle for the soup. No crackers. I'll need a big spoon.

I don't care for Tylenol. Advil will have to do.

I called in at least 10 times in a couple of months (as a part time) at my previous job, actually any chance I could get, cause I simply HATED retail. I know that it was messed up, but I simply did it because i needed the money.

I called out once for a sinus infection and then I used 2 sick days when I had surgery. I knew a few weeks in advance about the surgery though so it wasn't really inconveniencing anyone for me to have the days off because I'm a floater pharmacist.

I think it's great when companies combine sick and vacation days so that you can just use them all as vacation days if you are fortunate enough to never get sick.