Pharmacology and Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Precedex

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice by Robert K Stoelting and Simon C Hillier

Does anyone have any experience with this text? It was recommended to me by one attending but otherwise I have not heard much about it nor could I find one to peruse.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My department provides us with a copy of it. It does not have EVERY drug in it, but all in all the book is pretty bad-ass. I plan on trying to read all of it this year. My books of choice are: Big Blue, Faust, M & M, and this book. This of course doesn't include ? books.

Members don't see this ad :)
Precedex said:
Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice by Robert K Stoelting and Simon C Hillier

Does anyone have any experience with this text? It was recommended to me by one attending but otherwise I have not heard much about it nor could I find one to peruse.

Thanks.

Pharm and Phys is a VERY GOOD book. It would be in my top 7 or 8 books you should own. Since you are most likely a poor resident, I would check it out from your medical library or your dept library. It has a lot of valuable info for boards.

The handbook is good too. If you do some searching around and find the Abbott rep(sevo), they have a promo deal going for residents and the handbook is one of the choices of books to get.