Pharmacology and Physiology

Started by Precedex
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Precedex

New Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice by Robert K Stoelting and Simon C Hillier

Does anyone have any experience with this text? It was recommended to me by one attending but otherwise I have not heard much about it nor could I find one to peruse.

Thanks.
 
My department provides us with a copy of it. It does not have EVERY drug in it, but all in all the book is pretty bad-ass. I plan on trying to read all of it this year. My books of choice are: Big Blue, Faust, M & M, and this book. This of course doesn't include ? books.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Precedex said:
Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice by Robert K Stoelting and Simon C Hillier

Does anyone have any experience with this text? It was recommended to me by one attending but otherwise I have not heard much about it nor could I find one to peruse.

Thanks.

Pharm and Phys is a VERY GOOD book. It would be in my top 7 or 8 books you should own. Since you are most likely a poor resident, I would check it out from your medical library or your dept library. It has a lot of valuable info for boards.
 
The handbook is good too. If you do some searching around and find the Abbott rep(sevo), they have a promo deal going for residents and the handbook is one of the choices of books to get.