Precedex

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice by Robert K Stoelting and Simon C Hillier

Does anyone have any experience with this text? It was recommended to me by one attending but otherwise I have not heard much about it nor could I find one to peruse.

Thanks.

ReefTiger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
My department provides us with a copy of it. It does not have EVERY drug in it, but all in all the book is pretty bad-ass. I plan on trying to read all of it this year. My books of choice are: Big Blue, Faust, M & M, and this book. This of course doesn't include ? books.

About the Ads

Gern Blansten

Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Northeast
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Precedex said:
Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice by Robert K Stoelting and Simon C Hillier

Does anyone have any experience with this text? It was recommended to me by one attending but otherwise I have not heard much about it nor could I find one to peruse.

Thanks.

Pharm and Phys is a VERY GOOD book. It would be in my top 7 or 8 books you should own. Since you are most likely a poor resident, I would check it out from your medical library or your dept library. It has a lot of valuable info for boards.

Gern Blansten

Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Northeast
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The handbook is good too. If you do some searching around and find the Abbott rep(sevo), they have a promo deal going for residents and the handbook is one of the choices of books to get.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.