Precedex

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice by Robert K Stoelting and Simon C Hillier

Does anyone have any experience with this text? It was recommended to me by one attending but otherwise I have not heard much about it nor could I find one to peruse.

Thanks.

DreamMachine

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
Status
Attending Physician

ReefTiger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
My department provides us with a copy of it. It does not have EVERY drug in it, but all in all the book is pretty bad-ass. I plan on trying to read all of it this year. My books of choice are: Big Blue, Faust, M & M, and this book. This of course doesn't include ? books.

About the Ads

Gern Blansten

Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Northeast
Status
Attending Physician
Precedex said:
Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice by Robert K Stoelting and Simon C Hillier

Does anyone have any experience with this text? It was recommended to me by one attending but otherwise I have not heard much about it nor could I find one to peruse.

Thanks.
Pharm and Phys is a VERY GOOD book. It would be in my top 7 or 8 books you should own. Since you are most likely a poor resident, I would check it out from your medical library or your dept library. It has a lot of valuable info for boards.

DreamMachine

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
Status
Attending Physician

Gern Blansten

Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Northeast
Status
Attending Physician
The handbook is good too. If you do some searching around and find the Abbott rep(sevo), they have a promo deal going for residents and the handbook is one of the choices of books to get.

DreamMachine

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
Status
Attending Physician

About the Ads