Test Tools Pharmacology Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LWW Publishers

Test Prep Exhibitor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for questions and discussion related to resources for pharmacology. In this thread, LWW will be raffling off one copy of Principles of Pharmacology: The Pathophysiologic Basis of Drug Therapy, 2e. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Principles of Pharmacology: The Pathophysiologic Basis of Drug Therapy, 2e—Teaches pharmacology by integrating biochemistry, physiology, and pathophysiology. Systems-based chapter organization and a mechanism-based approach helps students understand how drugs work on disease so they can readily incorporate new therapies into their practice throughout their career. Plentiful tables, fresh illustrations, and a companion website included.

Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology 4e—Bestselling, highly visual summary of pharmacology serves well as a review or text.

Modern Pharmacology with Clinical Applications, 6e

Principles of Pharmacology Workbook—Consists completely of clinical cases and multiple choice questions, and makes an excellent tool for pharmacology review.

BRS Pharmacology, 4e

High-Yield Pharmacology 3e

PharmCards, 3e

Pharmacology Recall (Print and Audio Package) 2e

Pharmacology for the Boards and Wards, 2e

Hardcore Pharmacology

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pharmacology, I heard was hard. When I have to take that course, I hope that I would have the materials at hand, and be ready to learn Pharm. Cards are great, I heard, and I was wondering if there are also mappings of the pathways and drug interactions drawn out visually? As a visual person, I learn better seeing mappings and charts, etc.

Are there also materials online available?

Thank you.

Pharmacology, I heard was hard. When I have to take that course, I hope that I would have the materials at hand, and be ready to learn Pharm. Cards are great, I heard, and I was wondering if there are also mappings of the pathways and drug interactions drawn out visually? As a visual person, I learn better seeing mappings and charts, etc.

Are there also materials online available?

Thank you.

PharmCards are very useful and most of the cards include diagrams. Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology is also an excellent resource for a visual learner. It includes over 500 full-color illustrations as well as USMLE-style questions. You can view it with Search Inside the Book on LWW.com, http://www.lww.com/product/?978-0-7817-7155-9.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the Principles of Pharmacology textbook cover more clinical cases and/or ask more questions than the Illustrated Review? I'm curious as to what constitutes the extra size over the Illustrated Review for Pharmacology.

Does the Principles of Pharmacology textbook cover more clinical cases and/or ask more questions than the Illustrated Review? I'm curious as to what constitutes the extra size over the Illustrated Review for Pharmacology.

Principles of Pharmacology is a comprehensive textbook for pharmacology, while Lippincott's Ilustrated Review is a sort of hybrid level between a text and a review. For a medical student, LIR is probably not sufficient on its own.

Principles of Pharmacology also takes a truly integrated approach so it is not just teaching you the individual drugs, but the way the drugs work in the treatment of disease. You can view our Search Inside the Book feature on LWW.com at http://www.lww.com/product/?978-0-7817-8355-2

How do you pharm cards compare to lets say langes which are currently very popular?

How do you pharm cards compare to lets say langes which are currently very popular?

I have not seen Lange's Pharmacology Cards but I believe most of the cards have a clinical vignette on one side and some info on the reverse side organized into templated topic headings.

PharmCards includes 250 two-sided cards. They are organized into a systems-based format and cover one drug per card, showing the drug class, mechanism, clinical notes, side effects, contraindications, metabolism, and additional notes. PharmCards include numerous tables, diagrams, and chemical structures. Trade names are provided in parentheses after generic names, and in index of drugs is included. Topics are selected according to the National Medical Board of Examiners (NMBE) outline for the medical pharmacology curriculum.

Status
Not open for further replies.