pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sco1styear

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tons in my class are buying a book called "visual mnemonics for pharm" but I read a review that did not like it and recommended a book called "phun pharm". Has anyone tried these books or any like them?
 
I actually made up my own..I used a lot of stories. If you make them yourself you tend to remember them more..and the crazier the better. Mine were usually dirty..but I digress. (much like the 12 cranial nerves.. o o o to touch and feel a...you know the rest)
 
I don't know how it compares to those books, but this website can be handy sometimes:

http://www.medicalmnemonics.com/

There's a section just for pharm if you browse by category. There are lots of other mnemonics too.

It's hit or miss, but it's FREE (which speaks volumes to me!) 🙂