Pharmacy 2018 Application Cycle Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medgoal2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
First of all, I want to say good luck to all who are applying this cycle and upcoming cycles. I am new to this forum and just realize my passion in pharmacy. I hope if you all could evaluate my stats and advice me to whether or not I should attend this cycle application or have wait until the next one. Like I said, I realize my dream late and hope to accomplish as much as I could from here until January 2018 for submission (too late?). Here are my stat:

University: University of Nebraska-Lincoln (graduated in December 2015)
cGPA: 3.393 (striving for a 3.44 since I'm going back for Fall class for 2-3 prerequisites)
sGPA: 3.359 (I know... is bad... if everything goes well I should be able to get 3.40)
Degrees: Biochemistry and Biological System Engineering w/ emphasis in biomedical engineering (I know... this is partly the reason for my low GPA)
PCAT: Have not yet taken the PCAT yet. (I hope you guys could tell me what score I should aim for with 1-2 months left to study)- Currently using Kaplan prep and Dr. Collins 2017

PCAT NOV 9 2017 Scores:
Chemistry - 98
Biology - 85 (I hate genetics...)
Reading - 46 (yeah I'm not a native speaker)
Math - 67 (I ran out of time)
Composite - 84

Research Experience
Volunteer in a research lab at University of Houston (Biooptic) Summer 2017

Volunteer:
Observation Unit in a hospital this Summer 2017 (yeah... I just start)

Teaching Assistant
High level engineer course (3xx level)
Biology I

Reason for my low GPA in which I can address
Take too much courses in one semester once (22 credits)
Take too much courses in summer (13 credits)
Take high level chemistry courses for chemistry major :( (Ochem I and II got C+)

Got at least 3.7-3.8 GPA on all my courses last 2 years on colleges

Again, thanks for taking your time. I hope to get pharmacy shadow and more volunteer experiences with the time I have left for this cycle. Please let me know if it is possible to apply this cycle. Here are my top 4 schools so far:

UNMC

Creighton (not really my ideal place to go to since the school is so expensive)

UT Austin

UIC

Again Thanks Guys

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think if you aim for a 70 comp PCAT on up you'll be fine. Your GPA really isn't that bad, you qualify for most schools.

Hi I just updated my PCAT score. Please let me know what schools I could possibly get into. Thanks alot guys.