Pharmacy 2018 Application Cycle Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Medgoal2020

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
First of all, I want to say good luck to all who are applying this cycle and upcoming cycles. I am new to this forum and just realize my passion in pharmacy. I hope if you all could evaluate my stats and advice me to whether or not I should attend this cycle application or have wait until the next one. Like I said, I realize my dream late and hope to accomplish as much as I could from here until January 2018 for submission (too late?). Here are my stat:

University: University of Nebraska-Lincoln (graduated in December 2015)
cGPA: 3.393 (striving for a 3.44 since I'm going back for Fall class for 2-3 prerequisites)
sGPA: 3.359 (I know... is bad... if everything goes well I should be able to get 3.40)
Degrees: Biochemistry and Biological System Engineering w/ emphasis in biomedical engineering (I know... this is partly the reason for my low GPA)
PCAT: Have not yet taken the PCAT yet. (I hope you guys could tell me what score I should aim for with 1-2 months left to study)- Currently using Kaplan prep and Dr. Collins 2017

PCAT NOV 9 2017 Scores:
Chemistry - 98
Biology - 85 (I hate genetics...)
Reading - 46 (yeah I'm not a native speaker)
Math - 67 (I ran out of time)
Composite - 84

Research Experience
Volunteer in a research lab at University of Houston (Biooptic) Summer 2017

Volunteer:
Observation Unit in a hospital this Summer 2017 (yeah... I just start)

Teaching Assistant
High level engineer course (3xx level)
Biology I

Reason for my low GPA in which I can address
Take too much courses in one semester once (22 credits)
Take too much courses in summer (13 credits)
Take high level chemistry courses for chemistry major 🙁 (Ochem I and II got C+)

Got at least 3.7-3.8 GPA on all my courses last 2 years on colleges

Again, thanks for taking your time. I hope to get pharmacy shadow and more volunteer experiences with the time I have left for this cycle. Please let me know if it is possible to apply this cycle. Here are my top 4 schools so far:

UNMC

Creighton (not really my ideal place to go to since the school is so expensive)

UT Austin

UIC

Again Thanks Guys
 
Last edited:
I think if you aim for a 70 comp PCAT on up you'll be fine. Your GPA really isn't that bad, you qualify for most schools.
 
Hi I just updated my PCAT score. Please let me know what schools I could possibly get into. Thanks alot guys.