SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Pharmacy and Computers

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by jackal head, Jun 18, 2008.

1. jackal head

jackal head Registered Sex Offender 10+ Year Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I'm aiming for wayne state for pharmacy, on their website they have this...

Do I have what it takes to be a Pharmacist?
    • Desire to be an expert in drug therapy
    • Strong interest in science and math
    • Strong communication and problem solving skills
    • Proficiency with computers

Why does computers have to do with anything? Does this mean it would look good if I took some computer classes?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. tharper14

tharper14 P1.5 2+ Year Member

Jan 19, 2008
    I think they just want you to know how to use a computer. You'll have to use computers everyday as a pharmacist, plus you'll have to write papers for school, maybe have to print your professor's notes off their webpage, and perhaps have to do research on the web for looking up different drugs. If you're not confident with a computer then sure, take a computer class. Otherwise don't waste your time.
  4. IrishRxMan

IrishRxMan 2+ Year Member

May 1, 2008
    You definitely will be writing papers and researching drugs online throughout pharmacy school, even in the P4 year. I agree that it's probably just saying you need to know how to use a computer and some commonly used programs for college like Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. They should teach you how to properly use the reference websites like PubMed and others that we as pharmacists will have to hit up throughout our careers.