-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
pharmacy and tatoo
Started by rxgales
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
my friend is in her third year with a tatoo near her butt...is that sexy or what?...and don't know a thing? 😛
I'll chime in with "Hell yeah!"
Lol...boys.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think she has a tatoo. She might, however, have a tattoo. I have several tattoos, and yes they are hot.my friend is in her third year with a tatoo near her butt...is that sexy or what?...and don't know a thing? 😛
Why did you ask this question? Are you thinking about having one close to your butt too? Imagine when you're tired/bored of your tattoo and you can't replace it... It is now a very popular trend that more people want to have at least one for themselves. The fashion trend is changing everyday. Keeping up with it is a tiring work. If you like it, get one. If you just want to have one because you saw other people have it too, then don't. Eventually, the people that do not have a tattoo will be unique/hard to find. I don't have a tattoo and I will never have one. I'm happy with what my parents gave me and will respect it. Having one is easy but getting rid of one is a whole new issue.
Sometimes I think about getting a tattoo, but since I've never found anything that I would want to look at every day, I can ignore my thoughts. Although, I would love to get a tattoo on my right foot. I like artsy stuff, so maybe I'll find that inspiring piece one day.
I actually have a "tattoo", only because of a technicality, because some kid in seventh grade was walking with his pen in his hand. The cap was off, so when I walked past him, it stuck me in the leg. The dot looks like a bluish-gray freckle.
I actually have a "tattoo", only because of a technicality, because some kid in seventh grade was walking with his pen in his hand. The cap was off, so when I walked past him, it stuck me in the leg. The dot looks like a bluish-gray freckle.
I'd like to get a mortar and pestle tattoo. That would bring credibility to me and my profession. People will say "hey, that guy has a tattoo related to his chosen profession, he must be great at what he does. Also, it makes him look hot."
OMG I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! your amazing!
I kinda want a little hot pink kiss tattoo on my hip bone
1
117296
Why did you ask this question? Are you thinking about having one close to your butt too? Imagine when you're tired/bored of your tattoo and you can't replace it... It is now a very popular trend that more people want to have at least one for themselves. The fashion trend is changing everyday. Keeping up with it is a tiring work. If you like it, get one. If you just want to have one because you saw other people have it too, then don't. Eventually, the people that do not have a tattoo will be unique/hard to find. I don't have a tattoo and I will never have one. I'm happy with what my parents gave me and will respect it. Having one is easy but getting rid of one is a whole new issue.
I have 4. For me, it never was a fashion issue. Respecting your body and having tattoos are in my opinion unrelated. I'm not saying that you're wrong, instead stating the opposite argument.
There are now inks in the works that the ink will disappear when struck with a certain wavelength of light, but I don't remember the name or how it works other than that.
#5 will have to wait a few months👎
I also have a double helix tattoo, except its on fire.I have a DNA double helix tattooed on my upper arm. I have got many compliments. I hope to get some chemical structure tattooed somewhere else. I have also thought of expanding on my existing tat.
This is what I'm going to get on the small of my back...haven't decided the colors yet.
1
117296
This is what I'm going to get on the small of my back...haven't decided the colors yet.
![]()
That looks very nice.
It would look pretty if they faded pink (or purple if you like that better) into the flowers. Simple yet elegant, you know?This is what I'm going to get on the small of my back...haven't decided the colors yet.
![]()
The stems and leaves provide plenty of "movement", so that's why I think you would only need to add one color (unless you want a darker, more vibrant tattoo). You could always add more color later...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It would look pretty if they faded pink (or purple if you like that better) into the flowers. Simple yet elegant, you know?
The stems and leaves provide plenty of "movement", so that's why I think you would only need to add one color (unless you want a darker, more vibrant tattoo). You could always add more color later...
Yeah, I want to keep it subtle...1 or 2 colors max. I was thinking pale pink too...just not sure it'll show on my skin tone.
I've heard some anesthesiologists have an issue with administering an epidural to women with a tattoo on their lower back...think it's an urban myth though...I haven't seen any conclusive evidence. I plan on going natural when I have kids though, so won't be an issue 😉
i had a choice of getting either a tattoo or a tongue ring as a christmas pressent several years ago. i went with the tongue ring, rationale being that a ring is reversible, tattoo isnt. i took it off soon after i started a graduate program because 1. it didnt look very professional, and 2. everytime i gave presentations, i could hear the ring click against my teeth.....boy, i miss that tongue ring.
about the tattoo by the butthole...i love it, i use it as target practice, although im always off by about 2 feet above and 180 degrees....
about the tattoo by the butthole...i love it, i use it as target practice, although im always off by about 2 feet above and 180 degrees....
This is what I'm going to get on the small of my back...haven't decided the colors yet.
![]()
I really like that. It would be pretty if it was light pink with some light purple on the edges or down the middle. I can't seem to remember which way I saw it, but it was very cute.
Yeah, I want to keep it subtle...1 or 2 colors max. I was thinking pale pink too...just not sure it'll show on my skin tone.
I've heard some anesthesiologists have an issue with administering an epidural to women with a tattoo on their lower back...think it's an urban myth though...I haven't seen any conclusive evidence. I plan on going natural when I have kids though, so won't be an issue 😉
I'd say urban legend. my boyfriend's sister has a bull's eye on the small of her back and he complimented her on the placement when he put in her epidural - said it was only 1-2cm off.
Purple should show up. Have you considered red and white rather than pink? That may show up better than pink.Yeah, I want to keep it subtle...1 or 2 colors max. I was thinking pale pink too...just not sure it'll show on my skin tone.
I've heard some anesthesiologists have an issue with administering an epidural to women with a tattoo on their lower back...think it's an urban myth though...I haven't seen any conclusive evidence. I plan on going natural when I have kids though, so won't be an issue 😉
That's really funnyI'd say urban legend. my boyfriend's sister has a bull's eye on the small of her back and he complimented her on the placement when he put in her epidural - said it was only 1-2cm off.
! I could just imagine that happening.
C
cream
i love slut tats, let you know what the deal is.
i love slut tats, let you know what the deal is.
Wonderful! I'm so glad we cleared that one up.
Purple should show up. Have you considered red and white rather than pink? That may show up better than pink.
Yeah...we'll see. Who knows when I'll actually get it 🙄
Sometimes I think about getting a tattoo, but since I've never found anything that I would want to look at every day, I can ignore my thoughts. Although, I would love to get a tattoo on my right foot. I like artsy stuff, so maybe I'll find that inspiring piece one day.
I actually have a "tattoo", only because of a technicality, because some kid in seventh grade was walking with his pen in his hand. The cap was off, so when I walked past him, it stuck me in the leg. The dot looks like a bluish-gray freckle.
I have a similar story to the "pen ink tattoo" story of above, only it was a viscious attack that left me with a broken piece of pencil lead in my upper thigh. In third grade, I sat across from "the class trouble maker". I once made some sort of joke at his expense, and the next thing I know I had a pencil jabbed through my jeans into my leg. I didn't realize it at the time, but upon taking a shower that night I realized that the pencil lead was actually in my leg...it broke off of this guy's pencil. I tried squeezing on it to get it out, but to no avail.
I ended up just letting it be, and I didn't tell my parents because I didn't want to get in trouble for the terrible insult (whatever it was) I made about the 'stabber' to get out in the open. Although I was terribly afraid of getting "lead poisoning", as at that time I thought like many elementary students do that graphite was equivalent to lead and we all knew that lead poisoning existed, I just went with it and hoped for the best. After several years (probably 7+ years, I'm not completely sure though) of being able to actually still see the piece of lead under the skin in my upper right leg. Eventually my body must have taken care of the pencil lead because I can no longer see it (I am ~ 25 years old), but for a good long wrong there, I had a pretty sweet pencil lead tattoo in my leg. Fun to show to people!
You'll probably need to think about the tattoo for a while. It's a commitment that you have to be 100% sure about.Yeah...we'll see. Who knows when I'll actually get it 🙄
A little side note that's sort of relevant to your tattoo hopes:
We've been getting slammed at work pretty badly recently, so as I was leaving after working a stressful seven hour shift, I told my boss, "I hold y'all have a good night!" It was a genuine and sincere comment, because we've been busting tail like we work in America's equivalent of a sweatshop. It's been non-stop.
After I say that, he rolls his eyes and gives me this semi-sarcastic yet semi-humorous response, "Thank you for your thoughts". We both start laughing.
Then I respond, "Wishful thinking is thinking none the less."
Yeah, I want to keep it subtle...1 or 2 colors max. I was thinking pale pink too...just not sure it'll show on my skin tone.
I've heard some anesthesiologists have an issue with administering an epidural to women with a tattoo on their lower back...think it's an urban myth though...I haven't seen any conclusive evidence. I plan on going natural when I have kids though, so won't be an issue 😉
I'll be your evidence. I have a tattoo on my lower back and had no trouble getting my (wonderful!!) epidural while in labor.
my friend is in her third year with a tatoo near her butt...is that sexy or what?...and don't know a thing? 😛
That was pure WIN. 👍
Yeah, I want to keep it subtle...1 or 2 colors max. I was thinking pale pink too...just not sure it'll show on my skin tone.
I've heard some anesthesiologists have an issue with administering an epidural to women with a tattoo on their lower back...think it's an urban myth though...I haven't seen any conclusive evidence. I plan on going natural when I have kids though, so won't be an issue 😉
As long as it's not white and you're darker skinned, it should be fine. Since tattoo ink gets inserted in the epidermal layer, if you're darker and try to get a white ink tat, your melanin will completely overwhelm it and it'll fade really quick.
I have a tattoo where my tattoo artist for some reason decided to add some white--and I'm pretty dark skinned. You can barely see the white now *sigh*.
I have a DNA double helix tattooed on my upper arm. I have got many compliments. I hope to get some chemical structure tattooed somewhere else. I have also thought of expanding on my existing tat.
I want to get the double helix down my spine---too big of a coward at the moment--but am definitely thinking seriously about it... Right now I have the Darwin fish on my back shoulder. I wanted to get the Darwin fish humping a Jesus fish but my girlfriend at the time said "Hell, no."
Now, I'm glad I didn't.I'm also thinking of a Psilocybin molecule--my favorite kind.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you guys are such nerds!!! haha.
if i had the balls, i would get sleeves....and no, they would NOT be science-related
i do want to get a giant one on my left calf though...
if i had the balls, i would get sleeves....and no, they would NOT be science-related
i do want to get a giant one on my left calf though...
you guys are such nerds!!! haha.
if i had the balls, i would get sleeves....and no, they would NOT be science-related
i do want to get a giant one on my left calf though...
My 6 year old niece got some sort of identical twin dolls for Christmas. She was unsure of how to be able to tell them apart. I offered to tattoo "sleeves" onto one of them with a pen so she could tell the difference, but her parents objected.
My niece thought it was a good idea, although I'm pretty sure she didn't really understand the concept of sleeves. I guess I don't really understand the concept either.
I want to get the double helix down my spine---too big of a coward at the moment--but am definitely thinking seriously about it... Right now I have the Darwin fish on my back shoulder. I wanted to get the Darwin fish humping a Jesus fish but my girlfriend at the time said "Hell, no."Now, I'm glad I didn't.
I'm also thinking of a Psilocybin molecule--my favorite kind.
Yes, maybe inside a mushroom. But I don't know how your significant other would feel about that trippy design either.
You could probably do something along these lines, obviously not so colorful:
![]()
LoL I saw your post in the microbiology thread... tsk tsk.
my friend is in her third year with a tatoo near her butt...is that sexy or what?...and don't know a thing? 😛
Well, if she has Alba's pre-baby *** then it's sexy as hell.
The only tatoo I am dying to get is the molecule of caffeine. I know, how nerdy, huh ?
I think I would look hot with it on my shoulder - plus it would serve multiple purposes - not only it would symbolize my love for this wonderful substance, it would also let people know I'm certainly not a psych major.

I don't have one right now but I'm planning on getting one done in Arabic writing.
sounds like a tramp stamp👎
I agree... I think they are skanky as hell. Why anyone would want to advertise how much of a slag they are is beyond me.
I have a DNA double helix tattooed on my upper arm. I have got many compliments. I hope to get some chemical structure tattooed somewhere else. I have also thought of expanding on my existing tat.
Watson and Crick would be proud of you!!!!.
I agree... I think they are skanky as hell. Why anyone would want to advertise how much of a slag they are is beyond me.
its kinda like this...
(flare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I plan on going natural when I have kids though, so won't be an issue 😉
No disrespect intended but good luck with that! In all seriousness, some do it, but man it hurts! I went as long as I could... 7-8 cm.... OUCH!
The fact that half of us either have a science-themed tatoo and the other half have thought about getting one - just goes along to show what a bunch of nerds we all are. 

DNA double helix - is pretty much as cool as it gets ( good job labrat ! )


DNA double helix - is pretty much as cool as it gets ( good job labrat ! )
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
..... I plan on going natural when I have kids though, so won't be an issue 😉
No disrespect intended but good luck with that!
In all seriousness, some do it, but man it hurts! I went as long as I could... 7-8 cm.... OUCH!
I did it. I don't know how well you prepared for it, but that makes a big difference. I guess everybody is different, but I had no problems whatsoever with it. And the recuperation without drugs is almost like nothing happened.
_________________________________________________________________
About tattoos (so that nobody accuses me of hijacking the thread 🙂) I love them! I don't have any because I have commitment issues

can we stop talking about dilating vajayjay's....im eating here.
kthx
kthx
I did it. I don't know how well you prepared for it, but that makes a big difference. I guess everybody is different, but I had no problems whatsoever with it. And the recuperation without drugs is almost like nothing happened.
_________________________________________________________________
About tattoos (so that nobody accuses me of hijacking the thread 🙂) I love them! I don't have any because I have commitment issues![]()
I've got a flower on each wrist...It's gonna be fun hiding these during rotations...long sleeves all the way!
I'm thinking to get another to celebrate my acceptances.
...and then another for graduation...
...and then another for...(just kidding, but they can be quite addicting).
I'm thinking to get another to celebrate my acceptances.
...and then another for graduation...
...and then another for...(just kidding, but they can be quite addicting).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K