Pharmacy applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

le fort guy

Hello all

I just wanted to give those of you out there who are applying to Pharmacy school a heads up. I am not a pharmacy student or even a pre-pharmacy student. A friend of mine at school is and he applied to pharmacy school last year and didn't even get an interview. I thought this to be strange because he had a 3.3 GPA and a 77percentile PCAT. I know of people who got into Midwestern University with much lower scores so I encouraged him to talk to someone about his app. It turns out that they had a GPA on file for him that was far lower than the actual (2.9). Neither he nor the app commitee have a clue what went wrong with his app. All of the transcripts were in but not tallied correctly. He is applying again this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Man this is scary....

A friend of mine was filling out Pharmcas , his GPA is current
3. 40. However, when he entered his grades , his GPA went down. Damn !! what is going to happen to me when my turn will come ? !!! I don't even want to think about it.

It seems to me that most people who are applying this year all have above 3.00, at least all my friends do. Maybe I should start hanging out with dumb people, they will make me feel better about my grade, GPA and all.