Pharmacy Clerk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Portman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone here working as a Pharm clerk, what are your duties?

Members don't see this ad.

Is that the same as pharm tech? I don't know what a pharm clerk is.....wanna' explain? :oops:

at Sav-ons pharmacy clerks can do exactly what a tech can do EXCEPT pull medicine off the shelves, count and pour pills. As clerks, you can return medicine to shelves, answer phone calls, receive written prescriptions and refills, process prescription via computer, hand out filled Rx to patients, collect money, clean, etc clerks get paid significantly less than techs. ooo yeah and MOP! we don't have a janitor in the pharmacy i work at =/

Members don't see this ad :)
babieblueazn said:
at Sav-ons pharmacy clerks can do exactly what a tech can do EXCEPT pull medicine off the shelves, count and pour pills. As clerks, you can return medicine to shelves, answer phone calls, receive written prescriptions and refills, process prescription via computer, hand out filled Rx to patients, collect money, clean, etc clerks get paid significantly less than techs. ooo yeah and MOP! we don't have a janitor in the pharmacy i work at =/

thanks for the info blu

Can anyone be a pharm tech or do u need a certificate for that or something. What does it take to become a tech?

And I assume that anyone can just apply to be a clerk, right? No special requirements?

Nanoosa7 said:
Can anyone be a pharm tech or do u need a certificate for that or something. What does it take to become a tech?

And I assume that anyone can just apply to be a clerk, right? No special requirements?

si si anyone can be a clerk.

from what I understand, the position of Rx Clerk doesn't exist in every state.. but what babieblueazn said is exactly right. In our store we have high school kids, college kids, and married folks who are Rx Clerks - I know in CA the wages cap off at Savon around $13/hour.. :(

I can't wait till my hourly wage doubles when I get my intern license this fall!!! :smuggrin:

some walmart and target's dont have clerks positions at all. but from what i know, i think most sav-ons have clerk positions.

babieblueazn said:
some walmart and target's dont have clerks positions at all. but from what i know, i think most sav-ons have clerk positions.
yea i was looking into the save on clerk postion