Pharmacy gives medication list to police

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PikminOC

MD Attending Physician
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if youve read this. Is this common in pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

I can’t see the whole article but no, I would not describe calling the police as “common” at least in my experience. I am sure we all know HIPAA has a clause for cooperating with police but I still wouldn’t call it common to actually do this.

I am curious what the context of this was.

Reactions: 1 user
I've given limited patient information to the police maybe 2-3 times. Never a full medication list. I agree that I want to have more context here.

Members don't see this ad :)
ya - I am guessing a heck of a lot more to this story - he probably was mentally ill and having an episode - and now he is on his medications/therapy, in a much different spot - whether or not the rph should have give the list? up for debate if we know the whole story.

I work in an ED and see patients brought to us when bystanders report "erratic behavior" on a daily occurance, it usually just doesn't usually happen in a pharmacy,

Twitter is where smart people act like idiots. TikTok is where idiots act like smart people. I don't trust a word that guy has to say about what happened. Reminds me of the Houston driver who went nuts on social media for getting a 37 in a 35mph speeding ticket. Turns out she was going 50mph but the cop gave her a break because she had a clean record.

Sounds like a case of an adult temper tantrum when someone doesn’t get what he/she wants and is either too ignorant or full of emotions to understand the reason or rational. I feel really bad for these people how they publicly humiliate themselves with their immaturity

It’s tik-tok, you know that place where people love to get attention with short choppy and sorely missing context click bait content…

This is some Random Tik Tokker trying to get some attention. If you check out the actual article, look at his picture. He has these droopy, whacked-out eyes. I am guessing, a bunch of anti-psychotics, maybe excessive narcotic Rx, Lithium thrown in for good measure. The pharmacists should not have called him insane, even if clinically appropriate!
Everyone is encouraging him to sue, but you have to show damages. His "career" was actually enhanced by this interaction!

Y’all need to start calling feds on ****** rx ing Oxy/Xanax/soma combos