Pharmacy Graduation Gift - Ideas for a survival kit?

Started by stiney789
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stiney789

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I'm looking for some help with some ideas from some community pharmacy oriented people for a "community pharmacy survival kit" for two friends who are graduating from pharmacy school this year. I'm an ambulatory care pharmacist and have been removed from retail for a number of years now, so I'm just looking for some help with putting this together!

Here are some practical ideas:
- a nice lunchbox to put the items into, and also to imply that they will hopefully be able to take a lunch break
- some non-perishable snacks (such as granola bars, nuts, etc) in case they can't get a lunch
- pens (seeing that they always go missing, maybe with name on them?)
- coffee mug
- personalized stapler...because those always go missing too
- energy drinks
- gum/mints
- stress ball

Some funny ideas:
- a stamp or sticker to call people out on their "BS" or the like
- although I'd love to throw in a catheter incase they can't get to the bathroom, probably not going to happen
- funny pharmacy socks
- some alcohol nips for those tough days (not to be consumed in the store)
- bottle of hand sanitizer for touching all of those prescriptions covered in goodness knows what

I just want to avoid the normal "mortar/pestle" or "ties"

I found this online (but I think most of it's kinda lame-o and won't really be used):
FIREBALL: for the times you feel completely "burned out".
SAFETY PIN: because safety always comes first.
LIFESAVER: to remind you that you are a real lifesaver.
TYLENOL: take two for the headaches you deal with everyday.
PLASTIC MAZE: to remind you that you are truly "amazing".
RUBBERBAND: for when your "patients" are being stretched.
SNICKERS: after all, laughter is the best medicine.
TISSUE: for drying tears.
MONEY: for all the free advice you give.
PLAYING CARD: to help you be a better mind reader.
BANDAID:to keep you stuck together when you feel like falling apart.
ABACUS: for all the counting you do.
KISS: to remind you that you are loved.
(make abacus by putting small beads on a safety pin)


Any suggestions of things that you think I should add? Thanks!!