"Pharmacy in a Box" (automation)

Started by Dave4468
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

This looks awesome! However, the cons of this could be people getting mugged for prescriptions. I am fairly sure that a lot of the "300 most common drugs" are painkillers of CII-CIV variety.

However, if the bar-coding of a prescription makes it incapable of being altered, I am all for it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This looks awesome! However, the cons of this could be people getting mugged for prescriptions. I am fairly sure that a lot of the "300 most common drugs" are painkillers of CII-CIV variety.

However, if the bar-coding of a prescription makes it incapable of being altered, I am all for it.

Additional potential cons would be "slow-oriented" customers (the elderly maybe); the time it will take for them to figure out that it isn't an ATM + the time it will take them to do all that scanning etc...you know. And that would mean longer lines made of murder-intent customers.

But if they can tag along efficient solutions with those cons, I welcome the idea very much. It will potentially reduce the common risks that retail pharmacies in particular, have long been facing. Oxytocin robberies being a perfect example.
 
Additional potential cons would be "slow-oriented" customers (the elderly maybe); the time it will take for them to figure out that it isn't an ATM + the time it will take them to do all that scanning etc...you know. And that would mean longer lines made of murder-intent customers.

But if they can tag along efficient solutions with those cons, I welcome the idea very much. It will potentially reduce the common risks that retail pharmacies in particular, have long been facing. Oxytocin robberies being a perfect example.

You mean oxycodone, right?
 
Notice it still required a Pharmacist. However, if implemented here, the call center will be in India :laugh: