Pharmacy in Egypt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mikekijiji

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am fro Canada, and planning to return to Canada. I am however facing a tough decision. I want to study either dentistry or pharmacy in Egypt. How tough is it to come back as a pharmacist from Egypt, and practice in Canada. And if anyone has experience, is the same difficulty both dentistry and pharmacy.


Thank You.
 
I'm not sure how it is in Canada, but I had a research mentor who was from Egypt and he is a pharmacist. He told me that you would just have to pass the same national exam all pharmacists have to pass, but he also said the exam is more difficult for those entering from foreign countries.
 
If you want to eventually practice in Canada, why wouldn't you just stay in Canada for professional school? It seems to me that this would make it much simpler than trying to transfer your Egyptian credentials later.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no because you go to egypt for the 5 years, and ur a pharmacist there, as oppose to all the other steps in canada, and noone is guaranteed to get accepted as a pharmacist in canadian schools, very hard to do so
 
All I can say is that taking the easy way out now (for example, a "guaranteed admission" to an Egyptian pharmacy school) can sometimes make life much more difficult later on. I'd do some serious investigative work now if I were you. Don't just post your question on this board; call Canadian pharmacy schools, pharmacies, the licensing organization, etc. to get a more solid answer before you make such a big decision.
 
not tryin to take easy way out, i have done research, and this is part of my research, and what better research other than experience. as for staying in canada, i have to take an under grad then apply, and then hope to god get accepted. plus offcourse the cost of school (big issue).