Pharmacy Intern job in chain

Started by Expedia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Expedia

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm a 5th year pharmacy student residing in NY.

I have been working in small independent pharmacy for

last 4 years and now i want to get some experience in a

big chain pharmacy. What would be the best way to apply

for pharmacy intern position in one of chain pharmacies?

Do they still take a look at online applications? and im also

worried about recent Walgreens hiring-freeze. Is the

condition same for other chains?

Thanks

 
Walk in to pharmacies to see if they have availability. Also I believe that Rite Aid doesn't even have online applications (at least they didn't last time I checked). I think working for a big chain isn't too beneficial unless you want to work for a chain upon graduation, but I guess to each their own.

They might not hire you this late in the game, as they can only use you for 2 (possibly even 1) years as an intern, but who knows, they might hire you, so might as well try.
 
Hi, I'm a 5th year pharmacy student residing in NY.

I have been working in small independent pharmacy for

last 4 years and now i want to get some experience in a

big chain pharmacy. What would be the best way to apply

for pharmacy intern position in one of chain pharmacies?

Do they still take a look at online applications? and im also

worried about recent Walgreens hiring-freeze. Is the

condition same for other chains?

Thanks


I think you have a better chance getting a position as a retail intern than if you were younger. Just talk to the DM. Tell them you are interested in chain pharmacy and would like to see the ropes. I am sure they are more likely to hire you than a 3rd year b/c you can be trained to be one of their pharmacists for cheaper (than a pharmacists or a pharm grad) and used to their benefit in a shorter period of time.