Pharmacy Internships GAHH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmwannebe2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am beginning my professional years of Pharmacy in the Fall. My school just told us like a month ago that anyone who wants to be licensed in PA can do an internship starting this summer.

Now I am stuck trying to find an internship at last minute. All of you here have probably done an internship. Can you give me any advice on how to land one? Like how do I even apply for an internship at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc

Lemme give an example. I called two different Walmart Pharmacys. One said to apply at the store (which btw, there is no intern button I can press) and the other one said to speak to the district manager

Should I just call all the district managers at CVS, Walgreens, etc

Members don't see this ad.

It's too late for a summer full-time internships. Most of those positions were finalized in February/March. You might be able to find a part-time job though.

It is not necessary that you do an internship this summer. If you can find one, great, if not don't sweat it. Enjoy this summer before you start the professional program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest try looking for an independent pharmacy to work for since it's already May. You don't have to search for the big name pharmacies, they're not always the best to learn from.

I suggest try looking for an independent pharmacy to work for since it's already May. You don't have to search for the big name pharmacies, they're not always the best to learn from.

+1

I've worked at an independent pharmacy for 3 years. The pay isn't up there with Walgreens/Rite Aid, but I've learned so much more than people I know working at chains or some of the bigger hospitals. And I get time off basically whenever I want. That to me is more valuable than an extra couple dollars a day.