Pharmacy job market in 2018?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is to stop a hospital from having less MDs and more PAs?

Heh, nothing. That's exactly what they are doing.

Members don't see this ad.

Heh, nothing. That's exactly what they are doing.

I would say that NPs are more likely to get hired since the PAs can seem to be controlled by the AMA.

Reactions: 1 user
small gains of pharmacy is change from rph to pharmd degree and even this is debatable
huge losses of pharmacy when grads of pharmacy school start representing the profession really badly and the news goes public and pharmacists are even further scrutinized i know my boss he is a very hard worker and i know all the other bosses are gonna be responsible for terrible pharmacists mistakes from touro CA midwestern and other diploma mills while they chat on their cell phones
so i say huge losses definitely outweigh small gain

Members don't see this ad :)
2018? Not far enough to see change in the profession. Things will continue to deteriorate for a while. Then the Republicans will come and fix it by like 2025. Nobody that I can ever influence is getting into pharmacy everrr !!!

Why hasn't this thread been merged with the "sky is falling" thread?

^^ Recommend not drinking this early in the day.

bveverrett post is the most disturbing post I have ever read on here. Bveverrett, in all sincerity, I truly hope you are able to get the help you need.

Greedy school administrators are destroying this beautiful profession... Why don't the organization(s) that represent pharmacists put a stop on that crazy expansion?

Reactions: 1 users
Greedy school administrators are destroying this beautiful profession... Why don't the organization(s) that represent pharmacists put a stop on that crazy expansion?

No unity within this organization. The clinical hotshots that run these things are so high they spew out more crap than the Beverett guy who was ready to get assassinated by Nova pharmacy admissions!

I look at the class of 2019 coming in and shake my head. What the hell are those crackers thinking? It's stretched thin now... god help anyone jumping in the pool 4 years from now.

No unity within this organization. The clinical hotshots that run these things are so high they spew out more crap than the Beverett guy who was ready to get assassinated by Nova pharmacy admissions!

Hah, I didn't actually read that entire post. Was it really Nova? Maybe I'd better stop by and knock some heads for them.

I probably should have followed the scholarship and gone to Hofstra or CUNY City College as a biomedical engineering major. Would probably be rich from designing some super cool prosthetic or something.

Or should have became a cop. I'd have been a corrupt as **** cop though. Wanna keep selling those drugs? Sure, 20% of your profits/month or I shut you down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly I don't think the market will change too much in 2018 than it is now. Pharmacy unemployment is still very low compared to most professions and still a good guarantee for a decent salary. Overall, it is still a very good field to go into.

Just visit the pre-pharmacy forum. People who can't even handle undergrad work are getting accepted by the bus load.

The well-informed and smart undergraduates have abandoned pharmacy as a career option while the naive and frankly, desperate undergraduates are clinging to the hope of getting accepted to a professional school...any professional school. That's better than working as a tech or being unemployed. That's the next generation of pharmacy students.

Wow, things started in 2013 and I didn't know until 4 years later.

In 2018, people will look at a retail pharmacist and a retail cashier and ask themselves "what's the difference".

I always thought retail pharmacists are like retail cashier with a small difference when I started with a cashier job in a pharmacy.

Honestly I don't think the market will change too much in 2018 than it is now. Pharmacy unemployment is still very low compared to most professions and still a good guarantee for a decent salary. Overall, it is still a very good field to go into.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

I think the Colleges of Pharmacy should finance loans for their students! They would then have skin in the game to make sure viable employment needs would be met for new graduates! Anybody agree?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I think the newer schools should be gone. The well established schools fine. However, one complaint that I'd love to make is Mass. College of Pharm all 3 campuses needs to stop taking in so many students. My graduating class is around 260 for Boston campus alone. Worcester/Manchester has at least 100-150 more. The northeast is already extremely saturated, and if you're not willing to fight and do whatever to make yourself stand out... I dont know.

... I only chose the school because I'm from a low-income family. But I made it far. If I went to another school, I think I would easily be at the same place that I am at now.

Hence, why I train students and new pharmacy people, I'm always extremely harsh because I want them to be the best they can be.

Complete noob here. What if you're endowed with a lot of money already, enough to open up your own pharmacy. What does that entail? How does it work? You just get a PharmD and then buy a place? Please be kind.

Reactions: 1 user
Gonna be freaking awesome. All the old rphs will be dead or retired, chains will open 200 new stores a day, new hospital in every corner of your neighnoorhood, 50k sign on bonus offer, bmw, hookers, free meal and lodging provided, obama will fix everything, everyone will beg to hire you! Tell all your family and friends to be a pharmacist! They gonna be super rich counting their moolah!
is your pharmacy hiring? I wan to work there

The reason pharmacy schools accept anyone these days is due to advances in computer software in pharmacy and automation. Walgreens pays less but you have your orders verified by someone remotely and filled by a machine. Walgreens will give you a name badge that has Dr as your title and your job is to provide clinical consults and clinical drug information. That is Walgreens' selling point to pharmacy schools and new grads but they will soon learn the reality once they step their foot inside the Walgreens pharmacy door. I was told that by Walgreens in 2001 and yet I still don't see it happening.