Pharmacy job opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy181818

Reaction score
For those of you living in Canada, what do you think about the job opportunities available for pharmacists particularly in the GTA. I am seriously considering going into pharmacy but I keep reading that the market is saturated, job opportunities are limited even for UFT graduates and salaries cap at 90K. For anyone who is a UFT or Waterloo graduate, do you have any experience with this? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

In the GTA you're getting 35/hr and outside GTA maybe 40/hr. I don't think that ends up being 90k/year. 70-80/year ish. I don't suggest you to go into pharmacy. Choose something else.

Reactions: 1 user
pharmacy/healthcare is appealing to people that are risk-averse

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmacy/healthcare is appealing to people that are risk-averse

Paradoxically it has become quite a risky profession to get into. You could end up with $200k+ in loans and not be able to secure enough hours (if a job at all) to pay it off. You could have to move hundreds or thousands of miles away from family and friends indefinitely to be able to find a job.

There are lot of job opportunity in pharmacy basically it depends upon your interest in which field you want to go because no field like this where has no opportunity. So if your GPA is very good your opportunities increase automatically. pharmacy/healthcare is appealing to people that are risk-averse. So we have to pay deep attention here.