Apr 17, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey! I'm currently "job shadowing" at a local independent pharmacy as part of my graduation project but he actually lets me fill prescriptions! I couldn't believe it! Has anyone else job shadowed at a pharmacy? and if so, what did they let you do?
Just curious..

CK8652

PUDDING!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Status
If you're a tech in training you can do anything a tech can do. If you're clerk status, he could be in some trouble if someone finds out.

aznhomieboi1689

7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2009
Texas
Status
Pharmacist
Hey! I'm currently "job shadowing" at a local independent pharmacy as part of my graduation project but he actually lets me fill prescriptions! I couldn't believe it! Has anyone else job shadowed at a pharmacy? and if so, what did they let you do?
Just curious..
Don't tell anyone that he lets you!!! I think that can make this very unpleasant if someone finds out.

delano2000

D-Mod likes to parTAY
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
Texas
Status
Pharmacist
I was able to fill prescriptions when I was shadowing as well but I was a Tech trainee at the time. Like others said, do not tell anyone that since the RPh could be faced with serious consequences. The pharmacist should not allow you to perform those kinda duties. I hope he was supervising you at the time.

ArkansasRanger

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2009
Arkansas
Status
Pre-Medical
I was able to fill prescriptions when I was shadowing as well but I was a Tech trainee at the time. Like others said, do not tell anyone that since the RPh could be faced with serious consequences. The pharmacist should not allow you to perform those kinda duties. I hope he was supervising you at the time.
This is kind of like residents teaching me to suture people when I was in the ER clinicals during paramedic school. I wasn't supposed to tell so shhhhhh. ;)