Pharmacy jobs

Started by tmac01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tmac01

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What types of pharmacy consulting or drug information jobs are available without a residency.
I hear that jobs are available at insurance companies where you may answer phone calls from members about drug side effects and such.

What other jobs are out there for pharmacists where I do not have to constantly be relied on to verify prescriptions.
 
I hear that jobs are available at insurance companies where you may answer phone calls from members about drug side effects and such.

These jobs are staffed by RN's, I've never heard of an insurance company that hires pharmacists to answer members drug questions.

Whether or not an individual job requires you to have a residency depends on a lot of factors. Experience working can make up for lack of a residency. Even jobs that are advertised as residency required "may" make an exception depending on what you as an individual can bring to the table, and how much competition you are up against. And networking, very important when looking for consulting jobs.

Another job line is working as a state inspector. These jobs are few and far between, but its an avenue you could look into.
 
What types of pharmacy consulting or drug information jobs are available without a residency.
I hear that jobs are available at insurance companies where you may answer phone calls from members about drug side effects and such.

What other jobs are out there for pharmacists where I do not have to constantly be relied on to verify prescriptions.

There are always exceptions but by the time you graduate without a residency or 2, you will be checking loads of prescriptions at a chain pharmacy more likely than not.