1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Pharmacy Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by OpticDean, Mar 21, 2004.

1. OpticDean

OpticDean Member
    7+ Year Member

I want to subscribe to a pharmacy related magazine but Im not sure which one to subscribe to: DrugTopics seems like a good one. USPharmacist is another option. Does anyone here have an idea of what would be a good choice for a pre-pharm student? Let me know. Thanks.

D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jdpharmd?

jdpharmd? Turning lead into gold
    7+ Year Member

Both are pretty good, and both are also 100% free. Just sign up on their websites and have them sent to your house. Be careful when you're looking for unbiased opinions. Some articles are funded by certain drug companies and are not always 100% objective. It's a great real-pharmacy reference though. If you went to a local pharmacy, they would probably give you a recent back-issue.

4. rxforlife2004

rxforlife2004 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    both are free???I think you meant they are free for pharmacists ???

5. jdpharmd?

jdpharmd? Turning lead into gold
    7+ Year Member

They're free. I've gotten both for years. "Subscriptions are free to qualified recipients. Qualified recipients are individuals who work for independent pharmacies (1-3 units); chain pharmacy stores (4 or more units); supermarkets operating Rx departments; department, discount stores and variety chains operating Rx departments; drug purchasing headquarters (including discount stores, supermarkets, retail drug chains and department chains); hospitals operating an Rx department and nursing homes offering Rx service; HMO's and HMO operated/owned pharmacies; wholesale druggists, their buyers, salesmen and executive personnel. " They aren't going to come kill your family for signing up as a student or employee (even part time) at a pharmacy. If you're pre-pharm, I would just order it.

Most of the articles are on their websites for free too.

6. OpticDean

OpticDean Member
    7+ Year Member

Excellent, thank you for the good information jd, I will try to subscribe to both and see if I can get away with getting them free. :D

Thanks again

D