Pharmacy Magazines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sinoirilax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wassup everyone. I'm trying to get familiar with the world of pharmacy and I thought magazines would be a great start. Are there any pharmaceutical magazines you guys would recommend? Or any other pharmacy related magazines? And where can I buy these magazines?

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmacy Times is my favorite magazine, but Drug Topics is good also

I've heard of Pharmacy Week...I'm pretty much in the same position you are though. I have not been able to get my hands on any of these yet. I signed up to recieve Pharmacy Week and another one that I can't think of right now (I saw someone on here talking about reading it one day - I did a search, you might be able to find it). They take a few weeks to get to you though so I haven't even gotten one yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Read the pharmacy board. You'll learn about all of the things pharmacy students and pharmacists are concerned about....like 900 post threads about college football.

Wassup everyone. I'm trying to get familiar with the world of pharmacy and I thought magazines would be a great start. Are there any pharmaceutical magazines you guys would recommend? Or any other pharmacy related magazines? And where can I buy these magazines?

I'll second Drug Topics - lots of info. on new drugs, etc. and not too technical so it's easy to read for the most part. It's a good choice for somebody who is just entering the field.

You can get Pharmacy Today by becoming a student or technician member of APhA - it's included in your dues. Pharmacy Times is ok, as is US Pharmacist. If you are working, you might ask your pharmacists if they are receiving any of these, and they might be willing to pass their issues to you. If you are particularly interested in retail, then you might also check out Chain Drug Review and Drug Store News.

While Drug Topics deals with the new drugs that come out and are pretty useful...I also read the US pharmacist...they tend to focus more on issues there than newer drugs that come out...reading stuff that could become possible interview questions (what is the current problem with health care systems? These types) Hope that helps

Cheers