Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't give any particulars, but we are getting killed on DIR fees, in addition to low reimbursement of many medications. We are an independent retail store that does some compounding a little bit of nursing home filling.
I can't see this continuing for much longer. We just laid off 2 techs and a clerk and I am cut to 3 days a week, but with benefits for now. Our owner is now coming in at 9 in the evening and finishing up the nursing home filling because she can't pay a tech to do it during the day. I'm scared to death she will make a mistake due to her being so overworked!
I just found out that our owner had a meeting with a local chain to buy out our pharmacy, which is extremely scary, but I could see it coming a mile away. Our owner told me that they gave her a real lowball offer, which she is considering, just to get out of this business. She is real old-school and doesn't want to deal with the way payers are reimbursing us.
My question is: Is dealing with all these performance measures worth it? For those of you who are still successful running a pharmacy, are you getting reimbursed enough to deal with these performance measures?
I can't see this continuing for much longer. We just laid off 2 techs and a clerk and I am cut to 3 days a week, but with benefits for now. Our owner is now coming in at 9 in the evening and finishing up the nursing home filling because she can't pay a tech to do it during the day. I'm scared to death she will make a mistake due to her being so overworked!
I just found out that our owner had a meeting with a local chain to buy out our pharmacy, which is extremely scary, but I could see it coming a mile away. Our owner told me that they gave her a real lowball offer, which she is considering, just to get out of this business. She is real old-school and doesn't want to deal with the way payers are reimbursing us.
My question is: Is dealing with all these performance measures worth it? For those of you who are still successful running a pharmacy, are you getting reimbursed enough to deal with these performance measures?