pharmacy Moms and Dads

Started by lovilla
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lovilla

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there was a similar thread a while back but I think most were pre-pharm students. Any pharmacy students out there with children? When do you find time to study? My hero *Roxicet* is a superMom! I don't know how she does it with two kids. I don't even have time to study for the PCAT now that I have a 2 month old son!
 
lovilla said:
I know there was a similar thread a while back but I think most were pre-pharm students. Any pharmacy students out there with children? When do you find time to study? My hero *Roxicet* is a superMom! I don't know how she does it with two kids. I don't even have time to study for the PCAT now that I have a 2 month old son!

Hi Lori! 🙂 🙂 🙂
I sent you an email.
 
Hi Lori,
Congratulations!

I am P1 and have a 10 month old daughter. It is definately challenging to be studying and being a mom at the same time. I do most of studying during the night when my daughter is asleep or in school when I don't have classes. Basically any free moment that I get. I generally get about 2-3 hours sleep on midterm days but that's true of many students in my class. Although challenging, it is doable! I imagined it to be worse than it is. Although if you ask me the same question on a midterm day, I might have a different answer. 😉

I completely admire Roxicet for raising two children while studying.
Shal
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We have lots of parents in my class. Many of them have young children. A woman actually had a baby last month and she managed not to miss any exams.

It's all about finding time. I have an 18 year old at home, but my husband is the one who requires the attention.
 
Thank you Shal & thanks for the replies. I am going to apply and see what happens. If I don't do it now I'm going to keep putting it off.

My husband is in the military and will be going to Iraq for a year. He won't be back until January 2006. After reading Dana's reply I thought I better do it now because I'm going to have to take care of two instead of one. My husband is the same way! :laugh:
 
Shal do you have someone - a relative who watches your child when you are away at school or when you are studying? I was wondering how to properly manage one's time with children around.
Congrats Lori!
 
Longhorn23 said:
Shal do you have someone - a relative who watches your child when you are away at school or when you are studying? I was wondering how to properly manage one's time with children around.
Congrats Lori!

I used watercolors on my son (4) to study muscles and I "write and recite" mechanisms to my daughter (10). My older 2 just stay far away or I tell them things like milk is sweat and they leave quickly. :laugh:

But I am not in pharm school yet. I am not sure how 18 hour semesters are going to work. I think I will have to "abandon" the family and work at the library more to avoid interuptions. 🙁