Pharmacy Path Help

Started by saj000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saj000

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I have a BS in Civil Engineering and am currently completing my Masters in Tropical Medicine. I was interested in medical school, but got interested in pharmacy after shadowing some doctors at the hospital and going around with pharmacy residents. I haven't taken the PCAT yet, but plan to do so. My GPA is around a 3.3, but I plan to bring it higher with my current course load. I am a USC undergrad and wanted to know what I should be aiming for on my PCAT to get in there. I am looking into getting some pharmacy experience, but not sure where to start (shadowing, work???). I plan to talk to a pharmacist family friend about all of this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for advice or tell me if I have a shot? What else do I need to be doing now. I have a lot of research experience and also volunteer at a homeless clinic, but pharmacy experience is lacking.

Thanks in advance