Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I am a prepharmacy student in Buffalo who is not able get into Early Assurance... man....
anyways,
So I thought about my career path for a long long time, but I need some suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, etc.
I am a sophomore and my gpa is around 3.3-3.4 range.
I thought about two to three paths for my career.
1. Take the PCAT my junior year and apply either buffalo pharmacy or other schools. However, my gpa is little bit low in my opinion.
2. Apply to pharmaceutical sciences, get a BS degree in 4 years and then take the PCAT and go to pharmacy school.
3. Apply to pharmaceutical sciences, get a BS or BS/MS degree and get a PhD degree and become a professor or somewhat and then i dont know apply to pharm school or w/e. That'll be in like.. what 8 years??? So I have no idea then.
sigh..
So far, this is my career path. I know all these 3 choices are very hard.
What should i do? i researched the 3rd path but couldnt find any information on it. What is the chance of becoming a professor at a certain school and what is the avg. salary??
Oh also, Over the winter break, Im planning to take pharmcy techinican certification exam as well. (what do you guys think about this?)
Thanks!
anyways,
So I thought about my career path for a long long time, but I need some suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, etc.
I am a sophomore and my gpa is around 3.3-3.4 range.
I thought about two to three paths for my career.
1. Take the PCAT my junior year and apply either buffalo pharmacy or other schools. However, my gpa is little bit low in my opinion.
2. Apply to pharmaceutical sciences, get a BS degree in 4 years and then take the PCAT and go to pharmacy school.
3. Apply to pharmaceutical sciences, get a BS or BS/MS degree and get a PhD degree and become a professor or somewhat and then i dont know apply to pharm school or w/e. That'll be in like.. what 8 years??? So I have no idea then.
sigh..
So far, this is my career path. I know all these 3 choices are very hard.
What should i do? i researched the 3rd path but couldnt find any information on it. What is the chance of becoming a professor at a certain school and what is the avg. salary??
Oh also, Over the winter break, Im planning to take pharmcy techinican certification exam as well. (what do you guys think about this?)
Thanks!