Pharmacy/Pharmaceuticals in Asia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zzzopiclone9

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice and information in terms of what steps I should take to work in asia in the pharmaceutical industry. I'm a 29 year old male, with a bachelor of science in biology and a bachelors degree in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. I'm originally from the Philippines but raised in Canada. I've been working as a registered pharmacist for about 3 years and am now looking to expand my horizon in the pharmacy world. I have a great interest in learning about asian culture and hoping to gain some insight in terms of anyone working with pharmaceutical companies in asia? If any of you have an experience what steps did you take to obtain such positions and how has your experience been so far?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From reading your email in the other thread, you are not ready. You’ll get slaughtered out there.
 
Unless you work as expatriates, your pay scale will be based on local pay, maybe 3K to 5K dollars. Three years as pharmacist does not give you the edge to be hired by pharmaceutical company in the US and send you there.
Most large pharma companies are in China and India, can you speak Mandarin? Do you plan to work 60 to 80 hours a week like the local people do?
Don’t ask what you are interested, ask what you offer to potential employer. Research company with Asian division, perhaps supply chain and API sides.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Your best bet would be to land a position in an Asian pharmaceutical company that has a subsidiary in the US. If you're in a globalized department, you may have opportunities to visit the head office. If you perform well and show you are a good fit for the head office, you may be invited or request to work there.
 
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice and information in terms of what steps I should take to work in asia in the pharmaceutical industry. I'm a 29 year old male, with a bachelor of science in biology and a bachelors degree in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. I'm originally from the Philippines but raised in Canada. I've been working as a registered pharmacist for about 3 years and am now looking to expand my horizon in the pharmacy world. I have a great interest in learning about asian culture and hoping to gain some insight in terms of anyone working with pharmaceutical companies in asia? If any of you have an experience what steps did you take to obtain such positions and how has your experience been so far?

What language do you speak, other than English?