1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

pharmacy question

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GabonpharmD, Nov 24, 2005.

1. LiveLoveFartRepeat

LiveLoveFartRepeat LiveLoveFartRepeat
    Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    hello everybody,

I am posting my questions here but they are pharmacy related.. double posting is a violation of this web site rules so.. i had to make a difficult decision..on where to express myself on this matter......
    I just thought after reading the content of this forum that i have more chances to get accurate answer here as my questions directly concern working in Canada.

here is the short story:

I am an international student (Gabon). After a BS biochemistry at UQAM (montreal) i was told by the local pharmacy school (UDM) that i could not get into their program because of my international student status ( only permanent resident and citizen could get into it) so i moved to the US and i am now a p-1. I was on my way to live the American dream...until my husband did not find a phD in th US, so he went back to Canada
    ..and now i am back to square one....having to considerate working in Quebec 4 years from now..i am considering this option because my husband had let say " some really unpleasant" experiences when he was looking or his phD here..now he is all bitter and swear to not even consider coming back for a post Doc ( he may change his mind..i am working on it..)

meanwhile here are my questions:

I should be a canadian permanent resident in the next 4 years...but i have no idea on how to make the transition from studying here to working there..if anybody knows..or know somebody ( a pharmacist) that have done such move..please share your or your friend experience with me.

Will i have to repeat classes? exams to take?
    does Quebec accept US pharmacist degree?

is it possible to do intership in Quebec during the summer?
    if yes should i apply for a temporary permit to work....?

when I think about Quebec..the only name that come to my mind is Jean-Coutu..is there any other pharmacy chain..in Qc in Canada?

i am asking about chain but will considere hospital pharmacy
    i am asking about Quebec but will consider other province too..

one last question: where is Canada does pharmacists make the most?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...