Pharmacy Reference Pocket Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kirran

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Which pocket book do you guys recommend is the best to have as a community pharmacist? something that's simple and easy to look up. I carry my phone but sometimes more information is needed.

Members don't see this ad.

If it has to fit in your pocket, a Tarascon was useful back in the day to reference preg and peds because I never trusted my memory and until the Tungsten C Lexi, it was small enough to fit in a pocket. A lab coat book would be Lexi. If you need a real book, I'd suggest you find your way to a medical library and browse the references before buying as its more a taste issue.

Mobile subscription to lexi-comp is a must have for a retail pharmacist imo (unless its provided through your employer of course). Dosing, available preparations, preg cat, pet meds, natural medicines, toxicology, clinical questions, interactions, ...the applications are endless.

thanks for the responses. my employer provides me with access to clinical pharmacology I don't really like this website. I use Micromedex on my phone but sometimes I feel like when I am looking at my phone people around me think that I am doing something "not work related." for people who work community do you mostly rely on the drug info apps such as lexicomp or micromedex?