PHARMACY RESIDENCY PASS/FAIL vs. GPA

Started by IluvPharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IluvPharm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got accepted to a pharmacy school which grades on pass/no pass system.

basically, when I graduate..I will have no grades, just all P's (for passing).

So when I apply for a residency program, will this help me or hurt me, because I know for a fact that the first thing they take into consideration is your GPA.

Any advice or suggestions!!
 
is it just pass/fail or is it like honors, high pass, pass, fail?

if it's like the first, then your pharmacy experiences, references, and interview would be used to decide. if it's like the second then, honors is an A, high pass is a B, and pass is a C.