Pharmacy Residency Placement Statistic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christphrd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So, I only have two schools in mind for this upcoming application cycle, summer 2014. (I would like to apply for Fall 2015.) I want to do a pharmacy residency after going to pharmacy school.

I want to know if there is a list of pharmacy schools and a statistic of some sort regarding how well their graduates get placed into a residency. I am having trouble finding one.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been trying to search for this as well but have had no luck finding such a document, unfortunately.

Instead, I would contact the school directly in which you are interested in and ask them for their residency placement rates.

If you're interested in reading this article, findings show that more established public universities have on average better applicant match rate, though it varies from school to school.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3872931/

You might change your mind on what kind of pharmacy you want to practice so try to go for a school that you think will be the best fit. You'll have 4 years to think of a residency. Just focus on getting in then focus on getting the grades to stay.